Fort Lauderdale Auto Accident Attorney
Representing the rights of individuals injured in Ft. Lauderdale car accidents
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles1 (DHSMV), there were 316,943 total crashes in the state during 2013. People who are injured in car accidents often sustain serious injuries that have the potential to cause significant personal and financial issues in their lives. In particularly serious cases, the cost of treating the injuries sustained in a car wreck can rise well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, particularly when long-term care is required. Additionally, victims may be unable to earn an income for weeks, months, or even years after an accident occurs. Finally, while these kinds of economic losses may be apparent, less commonly recognized is the significant physical and emotional pain and suffering that many people who are injured in serious accidents experience. Fortunately, Florida law often allows people who are hurt in car accidents to recover for their injuries by filing a personal injury claim. The most effective way to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are entitled after a car accident is to retain an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. To schedule a free consultation with Ft. Lauderdale personal injury lawyer Joseph J. LoRusso, please send us an email through our online contact form available here.
Car accidents can be caused by various types of negligence
While there are a vast number of reasons that a car accident could occur, some tend to be more common than others. Attorney Joseph J. LoRusso regularly handles car accident cases that occur as a result of:
- Speeding – Speeding is among the most common form of driver negligence. In many instances, evidence that a driver was driving in excess of the posted speed limit when an accident occurred will be sufficient to establish legal liability.
- Distracted driving – According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 424,000 people were injured by distracted drivers in 2013.2 In many cases, victims can recover from distracted drivers who cause accidents.
- Failing to observe traffic signals or stop signs – Intersections are among the most dangerous parts of any roadway. When a driver’s failure to observe traffic signals or stop signs results in an accident, victims are often able to recover.
- Poor road maintenance or design – Sometimes, poor road maintenance or design results in serious car accidents. In many cases, the responsible party in these kinds of accidents is a municipal government or a state agency, which means that a special set of legal rules apply if an injured party wishes to initiate a lawsuit.
- Defective vehicle design or manufacture – In some cases, car accidents are the result of defectively designed or manufactured vehicles or vehicle parts. When this occurs, victims can often recover from the manufacturer or retailer of the defective vehicle.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale auto accident lawyer today to schedule a free consultation
People who have been injured in car accidents in and around the Fort Lauderdale area are often entitled to significant financial compensation. Since 2000, Florida attorney Joseph J. LoRusso has been representing the rights of people injured in car accidents and works hard to ensure that he recovers the maximum amount available on behalf of his clients. Ft. Lauderdale attorney Joseph J. LoRusso has extensive experience assisting clients file successful auto accident claims in Fort Lauderdale and its surrounding areas. Please feel free to fill out our online contact form or call (954) 715-3260 to schedule a free consultation today.