The Fall 2017 essay contest and essay topic
The essay contest is open to students who are planning on attending an accredited United States college or university during the Spring 2018 semester. Both current college students and those starting college next spring are welcome to apply. In order to participate in the contest, applicants must submit a 500-600 word essay answering the following question as an attachment (.doc / .docx) to email@example.com by 12/15/17, 9am PST.
Although there are Federal and State laws that require cities to build and maintain safe roads and highways, thousands of people are hurt or killed each year on U.S. roads and highways due to poor road quality and conditions. Based on your research, what are the most common road conditions that contribute to car accidents?
Applicants should also submit the following information in the body of their submission email:
- Their name, address, phone number, and date of birth
- Their parents contact information, if the applicant is under 18 years old
- The name of the institution they plan on attending
- The course of study they plan to pursue
- Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Grammar and style
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- The persuasiveness of the arguments presented
- Proper use of citations
The scholarship award will be issued to the winner’s college / university of choice.
A Miami personal injury law firm protecting the rights of the injured
The Law Office of Joseph J. LoRusso P.A. is a Miami personal injury law firm that is dedicated to representing people who have been injured in preventable accidents. Some of our representative areas of practice include personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, and premises liability. A big congratulations to our Spring 2017 Winner, Breonna Raby! Read her essay. December 2016 Winner- Carolina Bortolleto, read her essay. June 2016 Winner – Steven Weiser, read his essay. December 2015 Winner- Janet Guan, read her essay.